What is TPO roofing? TPO stands for “thermoplastic polyolefin,” a synthetic material that pairs with reinforcing roofing scrim to create a single-ply membrane popular for commercial roofing applications, specifically for flat or low-slope roofs. And, the material comes in sheets that are 10 feet, 12 feet, or 20 feet wide.
Should you consider TPO roofing for your commercial facility? Keep reading to learn everything you need to know about this type of roofing so you can determine if it is a good match for your building’s needs.
Benefits of TPO Roofing
Fans of TPO roofing know there are plenty of benefits to using the material for a commercial roof. Here are some notable perks:
- Available in white, black, tan, and light grey to compliment the building’s exterior.
- Naturally-reflective material that protects the roof from UVA damage, especially the bright white TPO material.
- Extremely durable, resisting debris, bacteria, algae, dirt, and chemicals; with proper installation and maintenance, a TPO roof can last between 20 and 30 years.
- Flexible material makes it resistant to tears, punctures, and other types of blunt force and impact damage.
- Freedom to choose the insulation you want to go with the TPO roofing; unlike other roofing options, you are not limited to one type of insulation.
- Cost-effective—not only is the roofing material cheaper than many other types of roofing, but it is also energy-efficient, which helps home and business owners save on energy costs.
- Eco-friendly—the energy efficiency of TPO is good for the environment; plus, the reflective nature of the roofing surface surpasses Energy Star requirements from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Hassle-free installation when you choose an experienced installer; fewer seams and the lightweight, flexible material make the installation process fast and straightforward.
What Types of Buildings Use TPO Roofing?
TPO roofing is becoming a popular choice for both homes and businesses because of its durability and affordability. On average, it costs from $5.00-7.50 per square foot with installation. As home and business owners seek ways to replace building roofs, TPO has emerged as a smart option. The seaming is typically the weakest area of a roof. As a result, durable TPO membranes eliminate those concerns.
Building structures that are well suited to this product include:
- Large or small commercial buildings
- Multi-purpose buildings
- Low-slope commercial buildings
- Residential properties
Furthermore, to get the most value, it is crucial to have expert installation. Unfortunately, without high-quality workmanship, there is a risk of leakage and decreased lifespan.
Turn to the Pros at Capital Roofing Today
Is TPO roofing the best option for your commercial project? Fortunately, the experts at Capital Roofing can help you decide. In addition, our experienced team of roofing experts can also provide the professional installation services you need for the best results. So, connect with us now to schedule installation or to get more answers to your questions, what is TPO roofing and is it right for your building?